Guidance for Sustainable Mail
Customers are increasingly basing their purchasing decisions on how environmentally friendly they perceive a business to be and customers are increasingly favouring brands with a commitment to sustainability.
Source: MarketReach. Using mail more sustainably
Top Tips for Sustainable Mail
- Choose the right suppliers: Find like-minded suppliers who share your goals and consider the accreditations they hold.
- Clean data reduces waste: Check your database is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maximise response rates: Ensure the overall look and feel of your mailing is designed to attract your audience.
- Choose a mail piece design/format: Choose a design that reduces waste in the production process.
- Choose the right paper stock: Buy paper from sustainable paper sources and carbon-balancing schemes.
- Production process impact: The production process comes with environmental costs but also consider your paper and ink choices.
- Your postal supply chain footprint: Whistl and Royal Mail have their own set of incentives to reduce emissions, such as deploying electric vans
- Encourage recycling: Make it clear that your item can be recycled by using an industry-known symbol.
Share this article
Looking for Mail Management and Postal Services?
Speak to us today, to see how we can help.
Here at Posthub, you will be allocated a personal Postal Manager. Speak to us to find out how we can help.
Or let us give you some ideas on how we can help you drive your business forward.