Print and Paper Myths and Facts
When it comes to the sustainability of Print and Paper, it is important to separate the Facts from the Myths. The European paper industry is a world leader when it comes to sustainably sourced raw materials, renewable energy and recycling rates. Yet the myths around paper are still prevalent amongst consumers.
A 2021 survey by Two Sides revealed that 64% of European consumers believe European forests are shrinking when, in fact, they have been growing by an area equivalent to 1,500 football pitches every day!
The report from Two Sides uncovers facts, such as:
- Many consumers value paper-based communication
- Electronic communication also has environmental impacts
- Sustainable forest management preserves biodiversity and safeguards forests for future generations
- Paper is highly recycled and naturally sustainable
- The paper industry supports a circular economy
- Virgin fibres from sustainably managed forests are needed to maintain the paper cycle
- Energy used in paper production is renewable and carbon intensity is surprisingly low
- Paper production is dependent on water, yet relatively little is consumed
Share this article
Looking for Mail Management and Postal Services?
Speak to us today, to see how we can help.
Here at Posthub, you will be allocated a personal Postal Manager. Speak to us to find out how we can help.
Or let us give you some ideas on how we can help you drive your business forward.