Mail and the Customer Journey
All advertising channels have their place in the media mix; TV drives brand awareness, email is great for quick updates and social media creates interactive engagement.
Direct Mail can strategically benefit the customer journey and integrated alongside other media channels, mail can improve your opportunity to deliver maximum value to your audience.
Brand Awareness: 30% of consumers who saw mail first had 30% more dwell time on social media
Recall: 87% Of people consider mail to be believable, compared to 48% for email
Purchase: 25% of people who bought or ordered as a result of receiving mail in the past 12 months
Impressionable: 70% said mail gives them a better impression of the company that sent it
Customer Value and Retention
- 75% of Business Mail stays in the home for over 4 weeks and is revisited an average of 5 times
- 31% of addressed advertising mail results in a commercial action
- 63% find it easier to browse a printed catalogue rather than going online or instore
- 16% of delivered mail is shared with another person
- 70% of customers say mail makes them feel valued as a customer
Sources from; Royal Mail MarketReach, Neuro-Insight, 2018. Royal Mail MarketReach, The Value of Mail in Uncertain Times, Kantar TNS, 2017. IPA Touchpoints, 2018. Royal Mail, Door drop entries, DMA Awards Meta Analysis, 2012-2016. JICMAIL, Q2 2018 – Q2 2020. Power of Print Catalogues, Illuminas 2017.
Share this article
We're here to help!
Here at Posthub, you will be allocated a personal Postal Manager. Speak to us to find out how we can help.
Or let us give you some ideas on how we can help you drive your business forward.